Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Name

My name is Susan Amelia. I am named after my grandma and her aunt. Susan is my grandma's name. When I hear Susan, I think of an old woman. My grandma is a strong, intelligent woman. I don't mind being named Susan because I am reminded of her everyday. We both tell it like it is. We are kind and generous.

Amelia is the name of my great great aunt. She goes by Babe. She has been called hat since she was 9. That was when her younger sister was born. She was always the baby. She is a sweet woman that is also intelligent and strong. She is steadfast too. She was named after her aunt Amelia because she was born on her birthday.

I do think that you are named a certain name for a reason. You also become your name. I didn't like being called Susan. I have grown used to it, but I still prefer Suzy. I used to spell it Susie, but I realized that my mom spelled it Suzy, so I changed it. I am very glad that I was not named after my own mother because I do not want to be like her. We have a lot of unresolved issues that I don't want to go into.

Your name says a lot about you. The way in which you take ownership of your name and live your day to day life says a lot about your character. I never want to change my name. I AM Susan Amelia.

Susan: Hebrew for lily
Amelia: Hebrew for Work of the Lord; Germanic for work; effort; strain

No comments:

Post a Comment