Wednesday, February 11, 2009

meanies

In class we were talking about why the title of the movie is Girl, Interrupted instead of just Girl Interrupted. This got me thinking. I thought about a list as it would appear in an index of a book. Every girl in that movie had some type of interruption in their lives. They are interrupted girls.

This movie made me think a lot about the way society views people with mental illnesses. The scene in the ice cream parlor said a lot. The way the woman goes up to the group of people and starts verbally attacking one of them shows us that some people are heartless. They treat everyone as if they were worth less than her. I don't think that it's fair for people to be cruel to other people, especially when they have something different about them. People need to treat everyone how they would want to be treated. I wish Lisa would've done something to that woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment